I’ve always loved a good chunky vegetable broth. It’s so comforting and packed full of goodness . My Baba (Ukrainian grandmother) makes the BEST vegetable and noodle soup! It’s like medicine for the soul.
Minestrone soup makes me feel the same way. So much love, attention and honest, simple ingredients go into making it. There are so many different ways of making it and hundreds of different family recipes but this recipe is my way.
- 500g Passata
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Garlic infused oil
- Half a swede
- 3 carrots
- 150g gluten free pasta
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red peppers
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 100ml white wine
- Low fodmap stock – enough to cover
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 3 leaves of spring greens
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Dice all of the veg and throw them into a deep casserole dish or saucepan.
- Tip in all of the other ingredients except for the pasta and the cornflour. Pour over enough stock to cover everything.
- Simmer until the veg is soft then tip in the pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, mix the cornflour with a splash of water then slowly pour into the soup whilst stirring continuously.
- Check the seasoning and mix in some salt and pepper if you fancy it!
Enjoy! It’s great to take as a packed lunch to reheat at work and will last up to 5 days in the fridge!