Here’s a super quick, super healthy, super tasty soup that only takes 15 minutes and four ingredients!
This soup is perfect for those with allergies as it only has four ingredients: watercress (peas also work really well but not everyone on low fodmap can tolerate them), potatoes, a tiny amount of oil or butter and stock. Massel do some great low fodmap stock cubes that you can easily buy on amazon.
I like to serve mine with a splash of lactose free cream and some English mustard or a poached egg and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- 400g fresh watercress
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 750ml stock
- 40g butter or around 1 tbsp oil
- Finely slice the potatoes, if you do this instead of chunks then the soup will cook much faster.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan then turn down to a medium heat. Gently saute the potatoes until they have started to soften but not coloured.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer.
- Tip in the watercress and gently stir for around 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and blend until smooth. I like to add a tsp of mustard at this stage and if it’s not thick enough then add a bit of cornflour to thicken.
- Season and serve immediately or save for tomorrows lunch.