This is my take on a Greek salad. Light and fresh and full of healthy fats. It’s tasty and really cheap to make and works great as a side dish for bbqs or picnics. It also keeps well in the fridge so is perfect for meal prepping your week’s lunches! The fats and protein will keep you full for ages and it usually keeps me satisfied during a long afternoon at work and a train ride home.
- 400g tin mixed beans or chickpeas
- 400g reduced sugar baked beans, with the juice
- 1 cucumber, cut into small chunks with the seeds removed
- 1 cup of Black/kalamata olives
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 50g Feta cheese, crumbled, optional
- Black pepper, to taste
Mix all of the ingredients together, including the juice from the baked beans as this will help make the dressing.
Serve chilled, it goes great with houmous and couscous for a quick and easy lunch!